Did you know that black mothers/birthing people are between 3 to 4 times more likely to die due to childbirth or childbirth related causes than their white counterparts- with 60% of these deaths classified as preventable? Sadly, this is the reality that Black mothers/birthing people face. Thankfully, Carol’s Daughter and its founder, beauty pioneer Lisa Price in partnership with the Mama Glow Foundation and its founder, the world-renown doula Latham Thomas teamed up to bring their vision, Love Delivered to life!
Love Delivered aims to bring increased awareness to the Black maternal health crisis and shine a light on ways that Black birthing people and families can be empowered before, during, and after birth.
Grab your pen and paper and listen and learn:
- As a black woman, things you don’t know, but should know.
- How we can actively be problem solvers.
- The importance of controlling your birthing process.
- The negative impact systemic racism has on our medical system.
- The things we need to disrupt regarding Black maternal health.
- What kind of questions and conversations one can kickstart to make sure we are protecting our sisters?
Love Delivered Website:
THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS INSTAGRAM: @thegreatgirlfriends
THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS FB COMMUNITY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGreatGirlfriends/