What are your thoughts regarding obesity? Did you know that obesity is a multi-factor disease? I am happy to share that we have partnered with Healthy Women and Black Women’s Health Imperative to discuss obesity as a chronic disease with Dr. Fatima Stanford.
Fatima Cody Stanford, MD, MPH, MPA, FAAP, FACP, FAHA, FTOS is an obesity medicine physician scientist, educator, and policy maker at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. She is a national and international sought after expert in obesity medicine who bridges the intersection of medicine, public health, policy, and disparities.
Grab your pen and paper and listen and learn:
- How Dr. Stanford chose her discipline and why.
- The statistics about obesity.
- Correlation between this disparity and why there has not been enough research behind obesity.
- Obesity is a multifactorial disease.
- Weight is more heritable than height
- How can you be support your GG as they go through this journey.
THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS INSTAGRAM: @thegreatgirlfriends
THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS FB COMMUNITY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGreatGirlfriends/