As you know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we’re bringing that discussion to the table to highlight how great girlfriends navigate a cancer diagnosis to survivorship.
Here’s some U.S. breast cancer statistics that every woman needs to know:
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 13%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- In 2022, an estimated 287,850 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 51,400 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
With this data in mind, we’ve partnered with Healthy Women to share important ways to support a loved one with cancer. Our guests, Dr. Roshani Patel and breast cancer survivor Christine Corrigan are here to provide their personal insights.
Listen and learn:
- Breast cancer statistics that we need to know as women
- Christine’s personal story of diagnosis and survivorship
- Key ways to support a loved one who’s been diagnosed with cancer
For more information, visit HealthyWomen.org.
We want to hear from you!
Shoot an email over to email@example.com or drop me a DM ON IG @sybil_amuti
Follow now THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS INSTAGRAM: @thegreatgirlfriends
Follow now THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS FB COMMUNITY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGreatGirlfriends/
Send Sybil a note directly to @sybil_amuti. She’s waiting to hear from you!