Fill in the blank: “I release myself from ____”. Are you aware of the negative impact verbal bondage can have on our desires to pursue our dreams? Amena Brown reminds us of the importance of releasing those expectations, disappointments, and ideas other people depict on us.
As a poet and writer, Amena shares her story as she pursued the path that was engulfed with the gifts God had placed on her heart since her love for comedy shows and Love Jones days!
Grab your pen and paper and listen and learn:
- How poetry became a gateway for Amena
- How Amena navigated through a No Plan B.
- Giving yourself the opportunity to heal from disappointments.
- The importance of prayer and how releasing it can be.
- How she stays true to her roots and being aware of the moments where we’re less rooted.
- Making space for the love of your life.
THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS INSTAGRAM: @thegreatgirlfriends
THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS FB COMMUNITY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGreatGirlfriends/