Listen this week as we speak with author Karen Duffy, NYT bestseliing author, fomer MTV VJ, and more about her latest book. Expect to hear:
- Why she chose to write a book of life advice for her teenage son, and the unexpected maturity she developed after becoming a parent;
- Why, as parents, we shouldn’t try to role-model perfectionism or hold ourselves to impossible standards: Duffy shares how some of her greatest lessons came from her worst mistakes, and why she’s honest with her son about her own bad choices;
- How she’s learned to live with sarcoidosis of the central nervous system which has caused nerve damage to her spine and life-altering chronic pain, and how finding a life philosophy has helped her persevere even on the worst of days;
- How the principles of Stoic philosophy have influenced her: the ways she’s applied them to her life, why she thinks more women and mothers should embrace Stoicism (which has traditionally been more male-oriented), and how Stoicism resonates with her Catholic upbringing;
- Her unconventional career in the film and entertainment industries, including as a former iconic MTV VJ, Revlon model, actress, and her work today as a film producer (including for Bill Murray’s New Worlds and the forthcoming The Greatest Beer Run Ever)
We want to hear from you!
Shoot an email over to email@example.com or drop me a DM ON IG @sybil_amuti
Follow now THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS INSTAGRAM: @thegreatgirlfriends
Follow now THE GREAT GIRLFRIENDS FB COMMUNITY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGreatGirlfriends/
Send Sybil a note directly to @sybil_amuti. She’s waiting to hear from you!